Search This Blog

Friday, October 17, 2014

Hark

The study of great quotations is worth more than a college education.
~ Vikrant Parsai
- - - - -
I like to listen.  I like to listen and hear what I want to hear.  Seriously, though - don't we all?  Don't pretend you like to hear what you don't want to hear.
More than just hearing what I want to hear, I sometimes hear things that I think might come in useful later on.  Sometimes it is in the words of another person...  Sometimes it is in the words I think to myself when I am listening to another person.
Here is one example:
Jerry:  The process is a tad cumbersome.
Me:  (thinking to myself)  I went to high school with Tad Cumbersome.
Now you will be wondering - when we talk - "Is Michelle listening to me?  Or is she listening to the voices in her own head?"
The truth is this:  Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment