Search This Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Bag

Own only what you can carry with you: know languages, know countries, know people.  Let your memory be your bag.
~ Alexander Solzhenitsyn
- - - - -

I was talking to Rachel the other night.  She was sharing with me some things.  I was sharing with her some things.  We talked about what was going well and some challenges we were facing.  Everyone we meet is both an opportunity and a challenge.  They are opportunities for us to learn and grow and be nudged (or shoved) out of our comfort zones.  They can challenge our ways of seeing the world.  More importantly they can challenge our ways of seeing ourselves.

It's not always fun.  For example, Rachel mentioned something about how some peoples' stuff manifests itself in the form of "douchebaggery."

I liked that word.  I still like that word.  It says a lot.  But it also is a fun word to say - it has some bouncy-castle quality to it.  It inspired me.

I said, "I want to write a book called Douchebaggery.  Or maybe start a line of purses called that."

No comments:

Post a Comment