Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Bridge

Praise the bridge that carried you over.
~ George Coleman
- - - - -
As you may have surmised, I like bridges.  I have talked about how they connect us to our pasts and take us to our futures.  I have shared how they connect us with other human beings.  I like bridges - both literal bridges and symbolic bridges.  They take us places that would otherwise be difficult to go.
Sometimes I hear people talking about "playing bridge" and it infuriates me.  Bridges are serious things.  I don't think you should "play bridge" any more than you should "play house" or "play school."  These are all serious things.  If we don't teach our children to take them seriously, where are we going to end up?  Well, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there's no bridge to bring us back from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment