Search This Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Clemson

(photo by me, pin on purple a gift from Kenyatta Shamburger)
 
If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old.
~ Peter F. Drucker
- - - - -
 
When I made the transition from Iowa State to Clemson, I had my ISU email and my Clemson email.  I didn't really look at my Clemson email until the beginning of August.  I had been getting email there for about a month.  Not as much as I got in an average month at ISU, but still - enough that I panicked a little bit.

Then I realized I didn't actually work there yet.  And I corresponded with colleagues and they were not concerned that I had not yet responded to things. 
 
So I panicked for almost a minute and a half for no good reason.
 
I'll never get that time back again.
 
Which is good - because it was pretty panicky and who wants that kind of minute and a half again?

No comments:

Post a Comment