Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Time

Time is a created thing.  To say, "I don't have time" is like saying, "I don't want to."
~ Lao Tzu
- - - - -

I had kind of a rough day yesterday.  I have a very good life and very little about which I ought to complain.  That said, there are times when the little things add up and it just sort of pushes you too far.  Yesterday was a day like that for me.

I was writing to Leslie about it - because she is usually the recipient of my venting (whining, complaining, reflection - call it what you will).  I listed my troubles and struggles and then I wrote, "And TIME STOOD STILL.  No joke.  It felt like it took 6 hours to get from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  Wait.  That's 5 1/2 hours."  

Clearly, not only do I have no right to complain, but I also do not understand time.  Or else I do not know what standing still means.

No comments:

Post a Comment