Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2014

Squirrel

You can't be suspicious of a tree or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet.
~ Hal Borland
- - - - -

When I was a kid, my dad would come home from work and if we were watching TV, he'd say, "Why don't you go outside and chase squirrels?"  I never understood why he wanted us to do that.  I'm pretty sure I couldn't have caught a squirrel.  I'm pretty sure squirrels don't like to be chased.  I don't know what he would have done if we had caught a squirrel.  It makes no sense at all.  And I suspect that the neighbors would have wondered what was wrong with us if we were out chasing squirrels.

Wait.  Maybe it was "Why don't you go outside and chase rabbits?"  

Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment