Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2015

Bad

Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life.  I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have - life itself.
~ Walter Anderson
- - - - -

The other night I got a paper cut.  It was inside my left index finger.  It was one of those paper cuts you don't realize you have until you get something in it.  In this case it was something like barbecue sauce.  Or maybe some sort of household cleaner.  

Who am I kidding?  It was barbecue sauce.

Anyway, it stung and stung and stung.  I didn't like it.

I mean, what's worse than a paper cut?

(pause)

A lot of things - poverty, war, hate, ignorance.  Really?  you couldn't come up with things worse than a paper cut on your own?    Like I just said - you're ignorance.  

Also, know what is worse than a paper cut?  Confusing barbecue sauce and some sort of household cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment