Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Nature

The higher nature in man always seeks for something which transcends itself and yet is its deepest truth; which claims all its sacrifice, yet makes this sacrifice its own recompense. This is man's dharma, man's religion, and man's self is the vessel.
~ Rabindranath Tagore
- - - - -
Nature and religion are connected.  Really everything is connected.  What affects one of us has some effect on all of us.  We don't have to share beliefs or philosophies or space or language or ideology or experiences. 

Like my friend Allison.  We were at lunch a few weeks ago and she said, "I'm not religionous."

I get it, Allison.  I don't know what being "not religionous" means to you, but I respect that.  I think I am not religionous in my own way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment