Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2015

Happy

The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.
~ Henry Ward Beecher
- - - - -

So on Facebook (which is a social media platform, if you're not familiar) I get notifications each day of who has a birthday.  I like to look at the list of birthday-havers and figure out what sorts of things they have in common.  Are there personality traits?  Do they work in similar areas?  Are there geographical connections?  Do they share hobbies?

I can always find at least one thing.  It's really interesting.  Of course some days there is only one person I know on Facebook with a birthday.  Then I don't play that game.  And most days - when there is more than one person - the only thing I come up with as a commonality for the people sharing a birthday is that they have the same birthday.  I actually don't spend a lot of time on this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment