Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Time

Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind.
~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
- - - - -
 
Time is a difficult thing to get a handle on.  I think it was Einstein who said time was an illusion.  I don't know about that.  I just know that time can be challenging because it can feel different to different people.  Additionally, it can feel different to each of us at different times.  Crazy.
 
And how do you know where you are in time?  Or where someone else is? 
 
Leslie:  Are you still up?
Ok, guess not.
 
Me:  Sorry.  Just leaving the grad celebration. If you happen to be up give me a call.
 
Leslie:  right now?
I mean, is this now?  It is so late.
 
Me: Up to you.  It's okay if you're sleeping.  Tomorrow is fine.
 
Leslie:  No.  I meant is this current?
I think it is.
 
Me:  It is.
 
Or is it?  Was it?
 
I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment