Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2015

Magic

We do not need magic to transform our world.  We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already.
~ J. K. Rowling
- - - - -
 
I agree with this.  I think that if we listen to ourselves and pay attention to the world around us, we know things that we don't realize we know.  We can do things we didn't think were possible.  We just have to open ourselves to the possibilities - imagined and not - in the world.
 
For example, I texted Rachel and said, "Headed to your house.  Need anything?  Deviled eggs?"
 
She responded, "HOW did you KNOW?!!"
 
I texted, "Psychic."
 
Do I think I'm psychic?  Is being psychic magic?  Is the devil magic?  I don't know.  Do I think the devil got into me the same way he gets into deviled eggs?  No.  Deviled eggs are called that because they are spicy (pepper, mustard, Tobasco, something).  I suppose I'm deviled since I have eaten pepper, mustard and Tobasco, but I think you're mixing up your words. 
 
I am called divine.  I can see where you'd make that mistake, though.  Because you're bad at spelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment