Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Llama

The greatest pleasure when I started making money was not buying cars or yachts but finding myself able to have as many freshly typed drafts as possible.
~ Gore Vidal
- - - - -

Sometimes when I am preparing blogs, I have a photo I like and a rough idea of what I might write.  I haven't wrestled with it enough to get it to the point that I want to post it.  I jot notes, preliminary ideas, possibilities. 

Then I leave it.  I leave it to sit because I know that stepping away is the right thing to do.  And that when I come back, the pieces might fall into place.  Or I might have had a new idea that would work to bring it all together better.  Or I may decide to take it in a completely different direction.

Here is an example of notes I had to go with this picture.

"So they have llamas in Argentina."
"And a baby llama is called a cria"
"There's some sort of joke about don't cria for me Argentina there"

Sometimes when I come back to a draft, the pieces don't come together.  Then I either leave it longer or I delete my notes and figure I'll come back to the photo later on or I delete the entire thing.

Or sometimes I write stuff like this and go ahead and post it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment