Search This Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hay

There is no need to fear the wind if your stack of hay is well-tied.
~ Irish Proverb
- - - - - 
 
When I'm driving down the road with someone and I see bales of hay in a field, I like to say, "Hay!"

Then the person I'm with will look around and say, "What?  What is it?"
 
And I say, "Hay" and point at the hay.
 
And I know once you get to be an adult it's ridiculous to blame your parents for your behavior.
 
But this is my dad's fault.  
 
Kirk will vouch for me on that.
 
And, just for the record, it is annoying when people say, "Oats are cheaper.  Grass is free.  Horses eat it.  Why don't we?" when I say, "Hey."
 
But know what is more annoying?  When they say, "Shut. Up."
 
And then I spend the rest of the trip trying to figure out why I'm driving down the road with someone like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment