Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Noise

I rant and rave about noise pollution.
~ Robert Carlyle
- - - - -
 
Leslie says that I shouldn't complain about noise in the library if I sit in the loud area.  Who knew there were loud areas in libraries?  I mean, I guess I sort of figured it out since everyone was so loud.  I'm often slow, but eventually I catch on.
 

That said, do you know what people do a lot in libraries?  They throw books on tables.  Or they do that thing where you take a stack of papers and tap them so they all line up.  Or they use power staplers or three hole paper punches.

Know what is annoying?  That stuff above.

Now you're wondering what this photo has to do with this post.  Let me tell you.  This is the designated quiet section of the library.

I'm just kidding.  It's not. 

It's a place in Clemson.  You can hike to it.  The day I was near it there was a family (I think they were a family, they looked family-ish) in there singing.  They sounded good, the acoustics were good.  They were practicing Edelweiss.  And they were dressed in traveling costumes.

Not really.  It's just that I watched the Julie Andrews special with Diane Sawyer the other night. 

This park is a place that is probably usually quiet.  And I expected it to be quiet.  But the family singing didn't bother me.  If they had been slamming down books and using loud staplers and three hole punches, then I would have been annoyed.

So my point is that not all noise is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment