Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Talk

Three is a time to be quiet and a time to talk.
~ Aung San Suu Kyi
- - - - -
 
Rachel:  Make sure you talk out loud to someone.  (Sometimes you forget that).
 
Me:  That made me laugh.  What is bad is today I worried that I am going to be one of those people who wanders around talking to herself.  Because I already do that.  Except for the wandering around.
 
Rachel: You stand in one place and talk to yourself?  Awesome.
 
Me:  Otherwise I fall down or run into things.
 
Rachel:  Nice self-awareness.
 
Me: Thank you.  Just short of being self-absorbed.  Most days.
 
Rachel:  In faculty work - it's a fine line.
 
Me:  Yes.  I can't wait to cross that line so I can be as important as some of the rest of them!!!
 
Rachel:  Just a girl.  With a dream...
 
Me: My movie tagline.
 
Rachel: I can hear the music.
 
Me:  Is it "Tempted" by Squeeze?  'Cause that's what I'm playing right now.
 
Rachel:  Something more operatic.  Like the movie theme from Forrest Hump.  Gump.
 
Me: BWAA HA HA HA!  I think "Forrest Hump" is a different kind of movie than what I want for my biopic.
 
Rachel:  So true.  I love our texts.
 
Me: Me, too.  This might show up in my blog - just an FYI.  And Leslie says I take creative license with my blog.  But in my defense, that's only because I take creative license with my blog.
 
Rachel:  It's the best part.  Grandma always says don't ruin a good story with the truth.
 
Me: Grandma is super wise.  It's good to listen to what she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment