Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2015

She

She stood there until something fell off the shelf inside her.
~ Zora Neale Hurston
- - - - -
 

I saw this a long time ago in Target.  It creeped me out.  It still does.  As does the fact that one of Aurora's words is "Barbie."  I'm all for creativity and perhaps Aurora's Barbie will go on to do great things in Aurora's world with her giraffes and cell phone collection.

And I do blame myself.  I should have gotten Aurora that Marie Curie doll or the Zora Neale Hurston action figure or the Maya Lin marionette.  Or the Frida Kahlo finger puppet.  Wait.  She does have her mom's Frida Kahlo finger puppet, so that's good.  And besides, who am I kidding?  If there was a Zora Neale Hurston action figure I'd have kept it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment