Search This Blog

Friday, May 28, 2010

Questions

I wish I had an answer to that
because I'm tired of answering that question.
~ Yogi Berra

-----

Today I had an email exchange with a colleague. Because I will be leaving work early, I had to hand off a situation to her. I emailed Sara about the incident and said, "Let me know if you have any questions." Here is the exchange that followed:

From: SaraSent: Friday, May 28, 2010 10:36 a.m.
To: Michelle

Questions:

1. How do I know I am real, and not living in the matrix?"
2. How do you say 750,400,249,399,601,208?
3. Why are they called "hamburgers" when they are made of beef?

From: Michelle
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 10:40 a.m.
To: Sara

This was not the response I anticipated, however, I suggest the following.

1. If you were living in the matrix, you
would be shot at a lot more than you are in your current existence because it looks so cool.


2. I suggest pronouncing it slowly - seven hundred fifty quadrillion, four hundred trillion, two hundred and forty nine billion, three hundred and ninety nine million, six hundred and one thousand, two hundred and eight.


3. Because they originated in Hamburg, Germany. The German word for beef is "Rindflesch" and "rindfleschburger" sounds gross.



As you can see, we work well together and are able to make every day a learning experience for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment