Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sports

Sports do not build character. They reveal it.
~ Heywood Broun

-----

Here Maddie and Elizabeth are playing a game we call trampoline volleyball. A helmet is not required for this game, but Elizabeth was about to use her batting practice thing, so she was waiting her turn. I think Chris was hogging it at the time.

One thing about trampoline volleyball - it is not a sport to be played immediately after eating. In fact, I think waiting an hour to play trampoline volleyball is more important that waiting an hour after eating before you swim. Just my opinion.

Also, while a helmet is not required for this sport, helmets are required for roller derby. Chris and I went to our first ever roller derby bout last night. The Des Moines Derby Dames against the Muddy River Nightmares. It was a most awesome experience. I like going to see sports which I have never seen before.

There are currently no plans under development for a trampoline volleyball league in our area.

No comments:

Post a Comment