Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Fences

Love recognizes no barriers.  It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.
~ Maya Angelou
- - - - -
When I was driving from Iowa to Pennsylvania on the first leg of my move to South Carolina (I know it's not a direct route geographically, but it was a direct route emotionally and organizationally), I listened to a lot of music.  
A little kid once asked me why almost all songs are love songs.  I thought that was pretty profound.  I hadn't really considered it before.  It's true, they are.
With that in mind, I got to thinking about how almost any love song, if sung to you by someone who makes you uncomfortable or who creeps you out, does not sound like a love song.  It sounds like a pretty scary song.
Try it next time you listen to music.
Or don't.  It kind of ruins music for you if you do it too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment