Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Memories

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.  I think I've forgotten this before.
~ Steven Wright.
- - - - -

When I went back to Athens to visit, Maddie and Elizabeth and I toured town.  I commented on things that were the same and things that had changed since I was there.  We drove past a lot of things and I said, "That wasn't here when I was here."  Then we drove past a restaurant - "Lam's Garden."  I said, "That restaurant was here when I was here."

Elizabeth said she went to school with the kid whose family owns it.  I said, "Really?  Does he have a sister named 'Mary Hattalyttle'?"

She paused.  And then - with a confused expression she said, "Mary Hattalyttle..?"

Maddie laughed.

Elizabeth, looking disgusted, said, "Ha ha.  Very funny."

I said, "Elizabeth, it was worth driving seven hours just for that."

No comments:

Post a Comment