Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Mental

People need to know that they have all the tools within themselves.  Self-awareness, which means awareness of their body, awareness of their mental space, awareness of their relationships - not only with each other, but with life and the ecosystem.
~ Deepak Chopra
- - - - -

When I was a little kid I used to have dreams that I was committed to a mental asylum.  It was in the basement of my elementary school - which was under the gymnasium.  It was not a pleasant place.  There was dripping water and bad lighting.

I am not sure where I got that image.  I guess from TV.  Not sure why my parents let me watch TV shows about asylums when I was a kid.  Or maybe it was stories my mom - the nurse - used to tell.  She used to tell about when she worked in Salem, Oregon and all the problems she had with Randle McMurphy.

Wait.  Maybe I have her stories confused with something else.  

Anyway, I'm glad I don't have those dreams anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment