Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

F

People say: idle curiosity. The one thing curiosity cannot be is idle.
~ Leo Rosten
- - - - -

I almost missed this. We were driving home and Leslie pointed it out. I had my camera in my lap and because she was driving, I was able to quickly turn and take this photo. It's not perfect, but that's one of the things that makes it interesting. 

This is a photo that asks questions. What does the F in F-Mart stand for? This was not a place "in town" so what did they mean when they put on the sign, "Best Hot Dogs in Town!"? Why did the F-Mart start publicizing their hotdogs to begin with? Who owns this place? Who stops there?

I want to go back there and go inside. I want to have one of the hotdogs. I want to see who is there, who works there. I want to listen to what they are talking about.

That said, this also looks like a place that might tell me to get the F out if I hung around taking pictures and writing notes all day. 

Perhaps I just solved one of the mysteries of this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment