Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Power

Evidence hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
~ Thomas Jefferson
- - - - -

I did some research on the word "tyrant" for this blog. Not much research. Really just looked online at what was easy to find. I do not endorse this as a way of doing research, but it is sometimes a way to generate blog ideas.

I learned that the word comes from tyrannus which basically meant a kind of leader or despot. There is also a female variation on the word "tyranness" but you don't hear that very often. Hm. I wonder why.

But my point here is that this all makes it clear that at some point dinosaurs elected leaders. Originally they elected Rex as the leader of the dinosaurs. Then power went to his head and his walnut-sized brain. That's when the other dinosaurs started calling him Tyrannosaurus Rex. (pause) I guess even if he was a she. Or maybe they called the she dinosaur leaders Tyranness Lexi. (pause)  No. I doubt that they did that.

The moral of the story is, be careful with power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment