Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2016

Flower

As for marigolds, poppies, hollyhocks, and various sunflowers, we shall never have a garden without them, both for their own sake and for the sake of old-fashioned folks who used to love them.
~ Henry Ward Beecher
- - - - -

I think this is a photo of a marigold. My mom always grew them when I was growing up. I imagine she still does. I never cared for them because they don't smell nice. That said, I have read that they help keep rabbits and deer away because rabbits and deer don't think they smell nice either.

They are very colorful, though. And by colorful I mean full of color not "lively, animated, or dramatic." While they are living, they don't move a whole lot or talk or whatever. Unless you are on some kind of drug. Or watching an animated short film.

That's not true. It could be a full length animated film.

No comments:

Post a Comment