Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Food

Fussing over food was important. It gave a shape to the day: breakfast, lunch, dinner; beginning, middle, end.
~ Robert Hellenga
- - - - -

Leslie and I don't have class on the same nights. At least so far we haven't. And even when we have (Thursdays), my class ends before hers and has been in Clemson whereas she's had to drive to Greenville.

As a result we pretty regularly alternate who is making dinner. She is definitely a better cook than I am. I have a gift for leftovers - which is nice - but you have to have leftovers to make things from them. That said, there are a few things I can cook pretty well - hot sausage sandwiches, shepherd's pie, pasta.

And I'm learning to get good at making salads. As an entree. You might think that all you have to do is throw lettuce on a plate to make a good salad. Not true. You have to throw a lot of other things on the plate, too.

Fortunately, I'm a pretty good thrower.

No comments:

Post a Comment