Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Rabbit

We believe "Peter Rabbit" because Beatrix Potter believes it. You have to.
~ Nikki Giovanni
- - - - -

Every spring at this time of year I am reminded of a story my Aunt Miriam told me. As I recall, there was an injured rabbit in her yard and Uncle Paul told her she would have to kill it because it was hurt. He handed her a shovel, but she couldn't do it.

So Uncle Paul used the shovel to chop off the rabbit's head. 

And the eyes popped out.

And my Aunt Miriam threw up.

Now a few things about this story...

1. I think maybe the rabbit was hurt because a dog got it, but maybe it was sick or got injured some other way.

2. It may not have been Aunt Miriam OR she may have actually been the one to chop off the rabbit's head.

3. I believe there was a shovel involved. I could be mistaken.

4. I believe there was vomit involved. I could be mistaken.

5. I may have made this entire thing up, but it lives on in my head as a part of my growing up experience. And just because something is made up doesn't mean it's not true.

Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment