Search This Blog

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Conversation, Part 2

I have only made this letter longer because 
I have not had time to make it shorter.
~ Blaise Pascal
- - - - -

Me:  I was in the talent show.  I read from "the diary" of one of the founders of the conference.  It went pretty well.  Not as well as your act would have gone, though.  Clearly.

Kirk:  I would say something similar to that during my act.

Me:  And the crowd would go wild.  Just like I am right now.  In my office.  Freaking out my co-workers.  

Kirk:  They must think you're talking to your awesome brother.

Me:  Why is it that as I'm typing to you, "Land of the Lost 435,313 people like this," popped up in my ad feed column on Facebook?

Kirk:  Cause you keep talking about Will Farrell and Dinosaurs.

Me:  They should make a TV show about vampire teens who go back to the time of the dinosaurs.  I KNOW you know what they would call the show, right?

Kirk:  .....?

Me:  Really?  I'm HUGELY disappointed.  "Land of the Lost Boys."

Kirk:  (crickets chirping)

Me:  sigh.

Kirk:  How'd these damn crickets get in here? AHHHHH!

Me:  Just start signing like Buddy Holly and you'll win them over.

Kirk:  Well played.  I don't remember if I have asked...  have you ever seen the movie Deathtrap?

Me:  You have asked.  My response is that I have not.

Kirk:  Oh. You should have so you had a different answer.

Me:  I have played the game "Mousetrap."  Are they similar?

Kirk: Yes. But it's a thriller, so don't tell people cause then people will be disappointed by the surprise guy in the 1930s bathing outfit who jumps into the tub at the end of the first act.

Me:  With God as my witness, I swear I will never watch Deathtrap now that you have ruined it for me.  (pause)  I am wearing curtains right now.

Kirk:  LOL.  Ummm...  that sounds nice.  Why?

Me:  And there are a bunch of German kids flocked around me.  Wait -- haven't you seen Carol Burnett's version of Gone with the Wind?!!!!

Kirk:  Are you doing a production of Sound of Music.  OH.  Yes.

Me:  Sheesh.  Those are the only two "clothes from curtains movies I know."

Kirk:  Yeah, that's a genre that never really took off.  I've never understood that.

Me:  Unless you count togas which are often made from bed sheets which sometimes people use for curtains.  (pause)  It's going to take me a long time to type this in my blog.  And you and I may be the only ones who read it.

Kirk:  LOL.  I think a lot of people read it.  I like it.  But I always like when people talk about me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment