Search This Blog

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Travel

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.  I travel for travel's sake.  The great affair is to move.
~ Robert Louis Stevenson
- - - - -

A few years ago Jessica and I went to a conference in Dallas.  During our time there we rode in a cab with a woman who gave us a business card.  It said, "Lady Cab: Excellent Customer Service and Conversation."

I don't remember what all we talked about on our trip, but I distinctly remember that she was friendly and talkative.  I also remember that she had to stop and find out how to get to our hotel.  I don't remember how much that cab ride was, but I remember not calling the number she gave us when we needed a ride back to the airport.

Still, Lady Cab was a fun experience.  Sometimes we have experiences to learn.  Sometimes to grow.  Sometimes to affirm what we already believe.  Sometimes to give us a story.

Thanks, Lady Cab.  You did - per your slogan - get us to our destination "in style."  Freestyle, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment