Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Overmorrow

Before I can live with other folks, I've got to live with myself. 
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.
~ Harper Lee
- - - - -

I like the Fourth of July.  It is a time when we can be thankful for the things our country does well but also reflective about ways we could improve things.  We aren't a perfect nation.  No such thing exists.  A lot of people have dedicated their work and their lives to our country and I am grateful to them.  We ALL have contributions we could make if we put forth the effort.  And acknowledging and working on our shortcomings is just as important as celebrating our successes.

It's not just today that matters.  Or yesterday.  Or tomorrow.  They all matter.  Today is built on yesterday and provides additional foundation for the future.  We have a lot to work on and a lot to celebrate from yesterday, today and tomorrow.

It is also important to remember that when it is July 4, my birthday is overmorrow (a word I learned in the past year).  So, as you can see, we have a LOT to celebrate this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment