Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Images


A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- - - - -

I love creating images.  I love photography.  A photo is never revealed until after it is taken and then revieweed and considered.  There are photos I take - ones I think are spectacular in the moment and then - upon further review - they aren't quite as striking as I originally thought. There are others that I think are poor images, but upon scrutiny reveal themselves to be beautiful or thought-provoking or hilarious.

I like the element of surprise.  The images are never really exactly what the original thing was.  They are more and less and different. 

(pause)

As an example, the photo above didn't seem nearly as phallic when I took it as it appears to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment