Search This Blog

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sitting

You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn 
a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.
~ Dr. Seuss
- - - - -

So, when I was working on my dissertation, I did a lot of sitting.  I was unaware that you could sustain an injury to your coccyx by sitting.  Guess what?  You can.  Guess what else?  I did.

Anyway, now I have to be careful not to sit and write for too long a period of time.  If I forget, then I hurt it again.  The last time it happened, Leslie asked me if there was any medicine I could take for it. 

I replied, "So far as I know only ibuprofen or aspirin."

"ASS-pirin!  HA HA HA!" she replied.

Leslie has told me before that she doesn't think she would make a very good nurse.  I concur.

No comments:

Post a Comment