Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Soup

Good intentions are not enough.  
They've never put an onion in the soup yet.
~ Sonya Levien
- - - - -

I love soup.  I think it's because it's a mixing of everything.  It saves time for the digestive system because the veggies and meat and whatever else you put in the soup are already mixed together.  And you don't have to spend time thinking, "Do I want a spoonful of corn or a piece of beef?  Do I want some beans or some broth?"  You just stick your spoon in the bowl and let good fortune decide what each bite will provide.

And I don't have a lot of extra time to wait for my stomach to blend things.  I have to go decide what kind of soup I'm going to make tomorrow.

Also, if you're not eating soup, do you ever have to ask yourself if you want "some broth?"  That's not served as a side dish or a condiment very often.  Except with an au jus sandwich, I guess.  And a bunch of other ways that my cooking friends are out there listing off right now.

Well, you know what?  You go ahead and list off "broth as side item" meals.  I'm done eating and am going to be excused to go play now.

No comments:

Post a Comment