Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ideas

A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.
~ Mark Twain
- - - - -

The other day someone asked a question and I had a bunch of ideas.  That happens to me sometimes.  Kind of a creative mania.  A rapid-firing of inspiration and contemplation and ideation.  I like it when that happens sometimes.  It really makes me feel good about being creative - especially if it has been a while since I have had some good ideas.  Or a chance to share them.

I have good ideas all the time, but they aren't always ideas which fit in the context of the conversation I'm having at the time.  And then, when I wait, sometimes I forget the idea.  Sometimes it is lost forever.  Other times it comes back to me later. 

(pause)

Usually after someone else has had it and made a bunch of money off of it.  But that's okay.  I get the moral victory.  And you can't put a price on that.  But if I figure out how to do that, I'm going to be so rich.  I suppose I could start a cult.

Why is that always one of my great recurring ideas?  I think maybe I should just go for it.  I think I'll call it a Lisa-Lisa cult and maybe we will make jam to sell along side the road.  Or I could start one called "Cult: You're Club" and we could make chameleons out of caramel.

See?  Those are money-makers.  But I'm kind of too busy right now to start a cult.



No comments:

Post a Comment