Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Doll

Nothing scares me more than people with some doll collection.
~ Karl Lagerfeld
- - - - -

I had a doll collection when I was a kid.  Every Christmas I would get a "doll from around the world" to add to my collection.  I had a Dutch doll with wooden shoes, an American Indian doll, a German doll, I can't remember where all of the came from.  For a long time I had them on a shelf in my room. 

I'm not really sure why my parents gave me those dolls.  They weren't really dolls that you would play with.  And I didn't play with dolls much, anyway.  One time I had a nightmare about a doll chasing me and trapping me in the wooden oven I had in the basement.  My dad made it for me.  Then when I woke up the Dutch doll was lying on the floor.  She had fallen off the shelf. 

She was just staring straight up at me when I looked down at her.

I think that was the day that my dolls got packed in a box.  They are in the basement of my parents' house now.  (pause)  The stove my dad made me is in that basement, too.  (pause)  I guess I can never visit my parents again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment