Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Apologies

 A still apology is a second insult...  The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt.
~ Gilbert K. Chesterton
- - - - -
When we were visiting Columbus and went to The Book Loft, they had different music playing in every room.  And there are a lot of rooms.  With a lot of books.  Leslie said it was a little overwhelming.  I like it.  It's like a maze and - no it's not "like" a maze.  It IS a maze.  Amazing, even.
Anyway, we went into the "self help" room and Brenda Lee was singing, "I'm Sorry." 
That may have been a random thing.  I really like to think it was planned.  Brilliantly planned.
Not only does the song fit with the genre of the books, but books themselves are a good way to say, "I'm sorry."  For example, giving someone a book on being a bully at work is a good way to say, "I'm sorry you're a jackass."
(pause)
Sara, that's not why I gave you that book on bullying.  I just thought you might find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment