Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Farming

“A farmer, as one of his farmer correspondents once wrote
to Liberty Hyde Bailey, is "a dispenser of the 'Mysteries of God.'"
~ Wendell Berry

- - - - -
I hope to have a farm sometime. I hope to grow things and tend to things and make my own food and have a barn cat who occasionally leaves a dead mouse on the front step. And I hope to have some nice trees. Maybe some fruit trees. I'd like a view of the sunset and live on a quiet dirt road where you can see people coming from a ways off.

I need to see them coming from a ways off since I will be naked.  It isn't a nudist farm or anything like that, I just don't think I have the skills to farm very well and I likely won't be able to afford clothes.  Though maybe once in a while I can get one of those free Co-op hats that my Grandpa Boettcher always had around.  But, realistically, that won't resolve my main concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment