Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Scary

Stuff that's hidden and murky and ambiguous is scary 
because you don't know what it does.
~ Jerry Garcia
- - - - -

I was looking at a house the other day and the woman asked what I did for a living.  I said that I worked in judicial affairs.  She said, "That sounds like you're scary."  I laughed and said that a lot of people said that.

I should have stared at her and just said, "I am."

We're all scary in some ways though, aren't we?  Even if we are just scary to ourselves because our inselves and outselves don't align.  And we are afraid our inselves will get out.  And then what would happen?  I mean if people were really permitted to be their genuine selves, what would the world come to?

I don't know.

But I'd rather we let out our inselves instead of our inner elves.  Because all those elves running around would be freaky.  Of course hidden elves are even freakier, yes?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete