Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Love

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because 
reality is finally better than your dreams.
~ Dr. Seuss
- - - - -

I didn't get a lot of good photos of the "supermoon" this time around.  I guess it happens every year or year and a half, so I will have other opportunities.  I wonder where I will be and what I will be doing and whom I will be when the next one happens.  We'll see.  This is what I got this time around.

I love the quotation for this entry.  I love the idea of being so excited for life that you don't want to miss anything.  Like every day is Christmas Eve or the day before your birthday or the day before Thanksgiving (which is my favorite holiday) or the day before whatever is exciting for you.

I wonder if Santa Claus gets excited before any days of the year.  I would imagine he looks forward to Christmas, but it probably is kind of stressful.  Or maybe he gets excited for his birthday.  Or December 26th.

And I wonder if Santa and Mrs. Claus love each other with the kind of love Dr. Seuss described above.  I wonder what that courtship was like.  I wonder if Santa ever does parody songs for Mrs. Claus.  I bet his does.  I bet he did a rendition of "You Shook My Belly Like a Bowl Full of Jelly All Night Long."  Because I imagine that Santa is a pretty big Kiss fan.

I wonder and imagine a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment