Search This Blog

Saturday, December 14, 2013

World

The way through the world is more difficult to find than the way beyond it.
~ Wallace Stevens
- - - - -
 
I'd like to travel more.  I love traveling.  I like seeing things and watching people and exploring.  I learn every time I go some place new.  I actually learn every time I go some place old, too.  I just don't always realize what I'm learning when I go to the same places.  Of course, I probably don't realize everything I have learned from new places right away, either.
 
The other person(s) with me can make a difference in what I learn, too.  Sometimes I learn that I don't really want to travel with them anymore.  Sometimes I learn that they bring good ideas or good snacks or good conversation.  Sometimes I learn to look at things differently than if it had been just me.  Sometimes I learn that I should let the other person drive since I get distracted by signs and animals and the sunrise and the sunset and all that stuff.  I mean all THE stuff.  All the stuff in the world is distracting to me.
 
Anyway, my point is that I like traveling.  I like learning and exploring.  But I'd rather travel around the world than through it.  I think you get burned up by lava if you travel through the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment