Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Snow

When I no longer thrill to the first snow of the season, I'll know I'm growing old.
~ Lady Bird Johnson
- - - - -

It is now winter.  Last year I posted the following on my Facebook page after our first big snowstorm.  These thoughts seemed worth re-sharing.  I think I would be a good meteorologist. 

Having read my Facebook newsfeed, the most common word right now is "thundersnow." A few thoughts:

* The word "thundersnow" is awesome. It sounds like the toughest weather ever other than "tornado of fire" or "screaming drought."

* Are we sure it was thunder AND snow and not just the sound of this gigantic amount of snow hitting the earth? More like "snow slamming" or "snowquakes" or "snow crashers?"

* If you grew up someplace where you had the occasional snow day, you never outgrow that feeling of "maybe school will be canceled today."

* I have that misleading inside voice saying, "Hey! It might be FUN to shovel a little snow." That feeling lasts about 2.5 minutes when actually in the process of shoveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment