Search This Blog

Monday, December 16, 2013

Duck

Wild ducks and tomorrow both come without calling.
~ Russian Proverb
- - - - -

The only thing I ever sold a a garage sale that I regret selling is the big rubber duck I used to have.  It really served no purpose.  I just liked it.  I like rubber ducks.  I liked that duck.  He had a little sailor hat, though most of the time I didn't have him wearing the hat.  

Even when the person went to buy it, I paused, but now it's gone.

And now that person puts it on display around the country.  Here it is in Pittsburgh.

(pause)

I'm just kidding.  That isn't my duck.  Mine wasn't quite that big.

I guess if it was meant to be mine, it will come back to me.  If not, it was never mine to begin with.

(pause)

Yes it was.  It was totally mine.  Damn you garage sale!

Thank goodness for the saying, "No giant duck?  Super good luck!"  Granted, I just made up that saying, but I'm pretty sure it will catch on.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete