Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Choices

But until a person can say deeply and honestly, "I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday," that person cannot say, "I choose otherwise."
~ Stephen R. Covey
- - - - -

We are faced with choices every day.  Each choice we make eliminates some options forever while simultaneously opening new doors.  Patterns of choices create patterns of results.  The sum total is our lived experience.  

I think it's good to reflect on the choices made and the options opened up and lost.  I think that we can learn a lot about ourselves by doing that kind of reflection.  We can learn not only about our past, but how our past has impacted our present and how the choices we make today create our individual futures.

I also find it beneficial to think about hypothetical choices.  For example, "Would you rather be a pot-head or a chick pot pie-head?  Or to have a chicken head?"  We can learn a lot about ourselves by answering these questions.  

We can also learn a lot about ourselves by the hypothetical choices we create for ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete