Search This Blog

Friday, December 6, 2013

Gifts

Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.
~ Mary Oliver
- - - - -

I don't want much for the holidays.  I mean, I want to be close to the people I love.  Even if I can't physically be with all of them, I'd like to feel closeness with them.

I would ask for world peace, but that seems a bit grandiose and - unfortunately - unlikely.

I think I would like it if we could literally have a day where literally no one literally used the word "literally."

I need a ladle.

I'd like an old metal breadbox.

I'd like A Prayer Journal by Flannery O'Connor (one of my favorites).

I do not want a pony.  Seriously, where would I keep it?

Mostly, I think I'd like the ladle.

No comments:

Post a Comment