Search This Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Arrows

That Hallmark image of cupid as a fat cherub with arrows?  I think the real cupid is some kind of psycho juvie with a taser.
~ Lesley Livingston
- - - - -

I also am not so sure about cupid.  I can think of a lot of ways to be nudged into having feelings for someone that would be nicer than being SHOT with an ARROW.  Like a whisper or a tap on the shoulder or even a little push.

But what do I know?  If I was cupid I know I'd misuse my arrows just to create awkward situations.  Which is what I do with my arrows now.

Oh - that reminds me of the time one of the neighbor kids was shooting arrows into the air and one landed in our back yard.  My mom was furious.  She went over and yelled at them.  I'm not sure if it was because they did it or because they missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment