Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Stories

In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth.
~ Rachel Carson
- - - - -

My friend Brad lives near the beach.  Not this beach.  This is in Indiana.  My friend Brad lives in Florida.  I'm not going to give you his specific address because it's creepy that you want it when you don't even know him.

I like Brad because he is fun, patient, kind and very easy-going.  I remember one time I wrote to him and other staff when we were trying to schedule duty.  Brad was the first to respond and said, "That sounds good to me.  I don't mind weekends."

I immediately responded and said, "Why do you always have to be so difficult, Brad?!"

He didn't write back.

Sometimes I don't have any idea how I manage to keep friends.  I think it's because I'm so rich.  Not in money, but in other things.  I just wish I knew what those things were.  I'd try to sell them for more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment