Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Building

Space has always been the spiritual dimension of architecture.  It is not the physical statement of the structure so much as what it contains that moves us.
~ Arthur Erickson
- - - - -
I think I might have liked to be an architect.  I never really thought about doing that.  But maybe I am an architect of people and experiences rather than of buildings.  Maybe - since I teach - I help build competence and character and an ability to navigate the world. 
Of course there is still independent action and thought on the part of those with whom I work, study and from whom I learn, but maybe I help build them in some small way.  At least build their confidence and provide them energy - help them make connections and put pieces together.  I may help build the professionals of the future, maybe.
Like Dr. Frankenstein.
On a loosely related note, I should change my last name to Frankenstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment