Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2014

Time

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
~ Marthe Troly-Curtin
- - - - -

I think sometimes we get too hung up on chronological time.  I prefer sometimes or playtime or even (on occasion) time out to actual time.  This is great for my creative self, but not always so good for my professional self.  Case in point...

Suzanne:  Is it 9:00 yet?

Me:  It's about fifteen minutes until 9:00.

Suzanne:  where?

Me:  in Ireland.  I have a friend who lives in Ireland, so I can do the time math.

Suzanne:  they are 7 hours ahead of us...  so it's 11 pm there...  and you said it was 15 minutes to 9:00 at 4:01...  which is impossible.

Me:  I don't really know anyone in Ireland.  I lied and made that up.  I wish I had a friend in Ireland though, but that's another "imaginary friend" story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment