Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Work

Many hands make light work.
~ John Heywood
- - - - -
 
Some people put the team in teamwork and some put the work in teamwork.  For example, there was one time when I was at ISU that I was dealing with a challenging student situation and was going to be meeting with students and parents.  If I was unsuccessful, the next step was for people to meet with Sally - the healer of all situations, people and conflicts.
 
I outlined what I planned to do and asked Sally if I could have some of her business cards to hand out if needed.
 
Sally:  GREAT PLAN.  P.S.  Did I tell you I was out of business cards?
 
Me:  No.  That's okay, though.  I can format one and give it to him.  Is the quote you have on your card, "Screw You" or "Screw Off"?  I can never remember...  And I lost the one you gave me during my interview.
 
Sally:  it woudl be screw you
 
So from this you can discern if Sally was more in the team category or the work category.  I was in the awesome category because that's where I always am.

No comments:

Post a Comment