Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Siblings

We know one another's faults, virtues, catastrophes, mortifications, triumphs, rivalries, desires, and how long we can each hang by our hands to a bar. We have been banded together under pack codes and tribal laws.
~ Rose Macaulay
- - - - -
 
I read somewhere recently that one of the things about having siblings is that when you spend time with them you are immediately transported to the childhood you.  That is good in that you can go back to where you started to maybe help understand where you are now in a better way. 
 
It is less good because it can sometimes make you want to bite and wrestle and say things a 7 year old would say.  Of course, for some of you that isn't different than any other day.
 
Right, Kirk?  Erik?  Not me, of course.  I've grown way up from those days.  In maturity, not age.  I'm still quite young.  I mean youthful - not babyish and immature.
 
Shut up.  I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment