Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Communication

The single biggest problem in communiation is the illusion that it has taken place.
~ George Bernard Shaw
- - - - -
 
We have so many means of communication now.  And so many ways for that communication to be messed up.  And archived.  And shared broadly.  I think we need to remember that. 
 
These things are all like tools.  We can use them as they are intended or not.   The problem is, we don't have a shared understanding of how each tool is intended to be used.  So we use them as we want to use them, but that isn't always good.
 
For instance, you wouldn't use a can of pears as a hammer.  No, wait.  That is a bad example.  I have actually done that before. 
 
Anyway, my point is, do good work.  And laugh (when appropriate) when you do bad work.  And laugh at the bad work of others (which is always appropriate).  For example:
 
Sara: (forwarding me an email with lots of typos) A bit of humor for the beginning fo the week.  It is interesting to me when someone spells the same word differently more than 2 times in any communication. Communikation.  Comuneication.  I know, I am mean.
 
Me: Your timing is perfect.  I needed that.  Thank you for accumudating my needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment